top of page

Getting The Help You Deserve From Uncle Sam!

oldmantyping trans.jpg

Howdy there folks! Hope everyone is enjoying this cooler weather and ready for the trees to change colors. There’s nothing like fall in East Tennessee. Our summers make you sweat just enough to get tired of it, then crisp air moves in and they start kicking around the pigskin.

I wanna talk a bit about Oak Ridge and that hodge podge of acronyms like DOE, Y-12, K-25, DOD, DOL and ORNL. Them guv’ment folks really like their initials. Them thar is good jobs and lots of folks in our

area have worked for the Departments of Energy, Labor or Defense in some capacity for years.

And because of that, did you know that you probably qualify for FREE healthcare including in-home care from a variety at companies like the great folks at Comfort Care? That’s right. They are a government approved provider for the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program.

Them and others can provide care to those eligible for that benefit under the EEOICPA program. And the best part is there is no co-payment or deductible. If you ever worked at any of them labs behind all them big fences in Oak Ridge, you may be eligible for help with any health issues you may be having in your golden years.

It comes under a problem called The Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA) which provides workers' compensation coverage to over three million Federal workers including wage replacement, medical and vocational rehabilitation benefits for work-related injury and occupational disease.

The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program (EEOICP) began on July 31, 2001 with the Department of Labor’s implementation of Part B and Part E implementation began on October 28, 2004. The mission of the program is to provide lump-sum compensation and health benefits to eligible Department of Energy nuclear weapons workers (including employees, former employees, contractors and subcontractors) and lump-sum compensation to certain survivors if the worker is deceased.

Goodness, the Dept. of Labor programs are called DFEC DEEOIC DLHWC and DCMWC. I told you them guv’ment folks love their initials. It’s really hard to figure out if’n you are qualified if you worked for or contracted to, any of the loads of Dept. of Labor departments in and around Oak Ridge.

You don’t need to know. Just call Comfort Care or any other in-home care company you trust. They will do the paperwork, make the calls, and get you signed up for any benefits to which you are entitled. The guv’ment ain’t easy to deal with but you can have a guv’ment approved provider like Comfort Care do it for you. Or you can call the District office of the Dept. of Labor yourself at (904) 357-4705 to get the process started.

By golly, if you worked for years for our country as an energy employee or contractor and now, you need assistance, you deserve it. And deserve to have someone to work on your behalf to cut through all the red tape them guv’ment folks try to wrap you up in, so call someone and get them working on your behalf. You worked, you paid the taxes, you supported our country with your hard work so it’s time for this country to say “thank you” for all that hard work.

Call today and get the help you need.

Now back to the weather. Fall is a beautiful time of year. I got tired of looking at all those leaves in my yard, so I got up off the couch and went into action. I closed the curtains! I can’t wait for the leaves to turn brown to match my grass. The autumn leaves are a lot like raising kids. First they turn on you, and then they fly away. And next thing you know, you look out the window and they’re back!

Take Care and remember to keep it in the road!

  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic
bottom of page